Rehabilitation and Pain Management Services
Improving your pet’s quality of life through pain management and physical rehabilitation.
In working with pets, special attention is given to insure that no therapy is prescribed that would cause discomfort or stress to your pet. We strive to make the visit stress-free through environmental enrichment and positive reinforcement.
You can make your appointment directly with Dr. Shearer or she can facilitate referral from your vet by contacting them on behalf of your pet.
She accepts referrals from all veterinarians with patients in need of animal rehabilitation or pain management.
The Story of Zoe
Sydney-Search and Rescue Dog
Goals of Rehabilitation
- Relief of pain
- Maintain or improve strength
- Decrease scar tissue
- Decrease muscle tension
- Improve circulation
- Improve range of motion
- Return to function and performance
- Speed recovery time
- Prevent surgery
- Improve quality of life
Our office has the following equipment that can be utilized in designing a plan for your pet’s needs:
- Therapy laser: works at the cellular level to control pain, inflammation, and speeds healing
- Pulsed signal therapy: enables the body to heal and produce cartilage
- Hydrotherapy whirlpool: allows early return to function through swimming
- Pulsed electromagnetic therapy: produces current that stimulates he body to heal
- Therapeutic ultrasound: relaxes plus warms muscles and stimulates wound healing
- Neuromuscular stimulation unit: helps to maintain muscle tone and re-educate nerves
- Electrostimulation unit: functions to manage pain
- Vet-lite support exercise system with land treadmill: provides mobility therapy for pets with weakness, pain or neurological disorders
- Hydrocollator: provides warm moist heat therapy for muscle relaxation
- Therapy steps: builds strength and return to function
- Gulick measuring tape and goniometers: used to objectively measure response to treatment
- Caveletti’s: builds strength and gait training
- Balance board: helps build strength and maintain balance
- Therapy balls: helps build strength and maintain balance